Graduate Certificate in School Technology Leadership
For those interested in adding a specialization to their resume, the online Graduate Certificate program in School Technology Leadership is a great option to make you a more competitive and effective leader. In five courses (15 credit hours) - taken in as little as one year - school leaders can dramatically deepen their ability to lead their school systems into a digital, global era. Students will learn everything from a deeper understanding of the global educational context, to how to make effective hiring decisions for technology-savvy teachers, to the elements of leadership in 1-1 computing environments, to the legal and policy structures critical for reform. Students also will be exposed to a global network of similiarly-minded educational leaders and will form a personal learning network that will serve them well into the future. From Paducah to Pretoria, our schools are facing a massive wave of technologically-driven change that requires leaders to be able to understand, plan, and implement a very different foundation for our children's future. The courses in the Graduate Certificate, infused throughout all of the School Technology Leadership programs, provide a platform to gain those leadership abilities in your own practice.
- 100% online program. No campus visits.
- Structured to be completed in 1 year (three semesters, including summer).
- Program taught mostly by CASTLE-based faculty.
- Based on the internationally-recognized NETS-A standards.
- 15 credit hours over five courses.
- Spring and Fall start dates available.
- Globally-oriented program; students will interact with others from across the globe.
- All students qualify for in-state (Graduate Resident) tuition (around $525 per credit hour).
Program Overview (or see the program of study in PDF format).
- EDL 661: School Technology Leadership (3 hours)
- EDL 662: Digital Age Learning and Technology Leadership (3 hours)
- EDL 650: School Program Improvement (3 hours)
- EDL 664: Technology Leadership and School Improvement (3 hours)
- EDL 665: School Technology Leadership for Digital Citizenship (3 hours)
Dr. Justin Bathon, Program Chair